Resources for teachers and public speakers who want to promote civil politics:
- Video: Stephen Carter giving a lecture titled: "Beyond the shouting: Civil politics for a sound America.
- Video: Jonathan Haidt at the TED conference, explaining the origins of ideology and the wisdom of both sides.
- Class assignment: have students conduct "moral fieldwork," to step our of their moral matrix and into another. Here is a sample paper written by a student at the University of Virginia.
- Website of the Penn Conference on Civility and American Politics
- Study or play clips from the inspring Kennedy-Falwell relationship, including Ted Kennedy's speech at Liberty College in 1983.
- Video: The Village Square, modeling camaraderie and humor across the partisan divide
Posters to promote civility, from the "chamomile tea party," such as the one below:
- Funniest signs at the Rally to restore Sanity and/or Fear (10.31.10)